Fuel Economy: Model & Engine Size?

Dika Tattoo

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and to Jeeps. I live in the UK and here fuel is very pricey, so whilst I understand that getting a 4 wheel drive will be more expensive than a small runner I would like to get Wrangler /maybe Sahara that is best on fuel.

I hear mix opinions about engine size and fuel consumption. Is 2.2 litre not better than 3.6 litre (I only put these numbers as an example) ?

Any advice will be highly appreciated.👍

Also if that matters: I am not planning to buy a brand new Jeep, looking at max 10 year old cars that didn’t do more than 60k miles.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and to Jeeps. I live in the UK and here fuel is very pricey, so whilst I understand that getting a 4 wheel drive will be more expensive than a small runner I would like to get Wrangler /maybe Sahara that is best on fuel.

I hear mix opinions about engine size and fuel consumption. Is 2.2 litre not better than 3.6 litre (I only put these numbers as an example) ?

Also if that matters: I am not planning to buy a brand new Jeep, looking at max 10 year old cars that didn’t do more than 60k miles.

Fuel economy in the wrangler sucks but my wrangler is one of my fruits of my labor ..I live by ,LONG AFTER THE PRICE IS FORGOTTEN THE QUALITY STILL REMAINS...my wrangler, VAFFANCULO is my everyday urban assault vehicle which nothing can stop it
Screenshot_20240207-220644_Photos.jpg

Reactions: BigAL07
The words fuel economy and Jeep Wrangler do not belong together in the same sentence. At least in the UK you have the diesel option. That is no doubt your best bet.

Reactions: TROY66/68