Front sway bar end link issues

SilverStreakTeg

I need a little Help with my front sway bar end links. About a year ago I installed the Rubicon Recon front springs and shocks on my Sport S unlimited and at the time it gave me a 1 3/4 inch lift, so I removed the rear end links and put them on the front. Lately I have noticed that the sway bar has been hitting the frame when I drive into a low Point in the roadway. I checked and I guess due to settling in the springs sagged a little. So here’s the issue, the rear end links are 9 inches center of bolt to center of bolt. I just measured for the sway bar to sit level I need a 6.5 - 7 inch long sway bar bolt to bolt. I am not looking for a quick disconnect, just a normal regularly priced sway bar end link for normal driving in that 6.5 - 7” range. Anyone have any ideas or know where I can find those sizes?

Im Definitely looking for non adjustable just to make sure they don’t come loose and I don’t have to keep checking. But nowhere do they say the length from bolt to bolt not even the stock ones. And for some reason all the adjustable ones are pretty expensive.

Just take the ones you have to a welder/fabricator and have 2” taken out.
Id love to do that, Only
Issue is this is my daily driver, so I’d actually need a second set of rear oem end links to bring to a welder/ fabricator. I’d have to also find someone who can neatly do the work, not sure if anyone local that does that kind of work.

Im Definitely looking for non adjustable just to make sure they don’t come loose and I don’t have to keep checking. But nowhere do they say the length from bolt to bolt not even the stock ones. And for some reason all the adjustable ones are pretty expensive.

The ones in the link have jamb nuts and you could put some Loctite on them. I wouldn't be worried about them coming loose.

Reactions: Barry and mrjp
So how short are the OEM front links? Leave your rig the way it is and have them extended. What ever you do you will need to spend some money. Your local part store should know of a good welder.

So how short are the OEM front links? Leave your rig the way it is and have them extended. What ever you do you will need to spend some money. Your local part store should know of a good welder.
Front links are 5.5 inches bolt to bolt center, rears are 9 inches bolt to bolt ironically I need 6.5 to 7 for a 0 degree level sway bar. When I moved the rears to the fronts it was when it was new , now I have a slight sag which made it much higher of a degree incline for the sway bar now.

Last edited: