Front Bumper replacement

wateretaw

Hello Jeepers... I'm looking to replace my front bumper cover on my 2009 Wranger JK 2 door with the same factory bumper it came with. I know I can get a front bumper cover but Extreme Terrain doesn't carry it anymore and I've read that other replacements actually have the holes for the screws in the wrong places... I just want to replace the cover - I think the bumper is fine but it doesn't even look black anymore and my fenders and back bumper are all in great condition. I wish I was more mechanically inclined but any input from you all would be very helpful. Thanks in advance. And PS - it was nice to take the top off again :)

Join some local jeep clubs and someone probably has an OE bumper laying around that they would give you. Swap the whole thing or just the skin.

I see them on Facebook market place and craigs list. Most likely from switches to steel bumpers. They may not look new. The other thing is painting it but then it will look darker than the fenders, etc.

I see them on Craigslist all the time. You can almost buy a aftermarket bumper cheaper then a new one or even a new cover from Chrysler.

Sounds like the bumper cover never got the Back to Black treatment and was simply sacrificed to the sun and weather when, in fact, it's a porous piece of material that has to be cared for in much the same manner as decent leather.
It has to get moisturized, it must be cleaned and it must be black.
Before dumping s bunch of money into a new cover, spend a few bucks and go buy some good ol' Vaseline petroleum jelly and slather that bumper down. Let it sit, wipe it down and see how she looks. It may take a try or 2, but it'll get to the point where you can apply some Back to Black or similar product and restore the look you're wanting.

Sounds like the bumper cover never got the Back to Black treatment and was simply sacrificed to the sun and weather when, in fact, it's a porous piece of material that has to be cared for in much the same manner as decent leather.
It has to get moisturized, it must be cleaned and it must be black.
Before dumping s bunch of money into a new cover, spend a few bucks and go buy some good ol' Vaseline petroleum jelly and slather that bumper down. Let it sit, wipe it down and see how she looks. It may take a try or 2, but it'll get to the point where you can apply some Back to Black or similar product and restore the look you're wanting.
Thank you for the suggestion. There are actually a few dings in it and a tear on the left side which were there when I bought it. So I was thinking of upgrading the look with something new or used that looks good. But I'll keep what you said in mind to maintain its replacement. Thanks again