Finally back in the game

BallDawg92

I had to sell my 07 and have been out of the game for about 5+ years. Just bought a 16 JK Unlimited! It feels soooo good to get back in the beast again!

20191231_201520.jpg

Reactions: Chris
My understanding is the Pentastar is much better, but I just got this '16 on Dec 31 so I really can't tell yet. I remember the night and day difference in pulling my boat back in '07 with a Ford Explorer vs my last Jeep. I kept having to check to make sure the boat was still there! That JK pulled it like it wasn't there. With the lift and wheel mods on my new one, I've already noticed gas mileage sucks! But you gotta expect that... it's the price you pay for a Wrangler, I guess!

I would hope that you could tell an immediate difference or I’d have to wonder if you even drove your new Jeep yet haha. 3.8L came with 185 HP 3.6L is 285 HP. Quite the difference.

Welcome back!

What are you currently getting with MPG? I'm curious especially with the rack.
Hard to tell yet, but it appears to be around 12 mpg. If I remember correctly my 07 was between 12-14 mpg, I think. I had 33" tires and a 3" lift on that one. I think this one has 4" lift with 35 tires. I've not yet confirmed the lift though.

I would hope that you could tell an immediate difference or I’d have to wonder if you even drove your new Jeep yet haha. 3.8L came with 185 HP 3.6L is 285 HP. Quite the difference.
Haha! You're right on both accounts. I've been home with sick little one so unfortunately there's been very little drive time. I got to run a few errands for the wife yesterday in city traffic. That was my excitement thus far!

Reactions: Starrs
Having driven both extensively, the Pentastar 3.6 is not a small improvement over the 3.8, it's a massive improvement. The interior on the 2011+ models is also much, much better IMHO.

Congrats on the purchase, and welcome to the forum! I know what it's like to be without a Jeep, and it stinks!

Hard to tell yet, but it appears to be around 12 mpg. If I remember correctly my 07 was between 12-14 mpg, I think. I had 33" tires and a 3" lift on that one. I think this one has 4" lift with 35 tires. I've not yet confirmed the lift though.
Shooooottt. I feel very lucky now! I'm running on 35s and getting 17-19.

Reactions: BallDawg92
Haha! You're right on both accounts. I've been home with sick little one so unfortunately there's been very little drive time. I got to run a few errands for the wife yesterday in city traffic. That was my excitement thus far!
Go and tell her quick - you need to put some gas additive due to the cold weather.
And that you need to take the back roads on your way home to avoid traffic.

Reactions: BallDawg92