Factory subwoofer won't work with aftermarket head unit

DocV17

Hi guys I have a bit of an issue with my stereo. I bought a Dual double din stereo with Apple Car play from Walmart for $149. Bought a radio data interface kit that connects the factory harness with the aftermarket stereo as well with a steering wheel controls. It turns on and plays music however, my factory infinity subwoofer won’t work and if I fade the music to the front all sound goes off and if I fade it to the rear the front plays music. I checked my wiring and it’s all good and especially since it’s color coded. Idk what I am doing wrong. I have a 2011 Jeep Rubicon with the infinity system. Please help me solve this

691DE602-DC6E-4CB9-A38D-9BB4E1CB3488.jpeg

Make sure that the amp control wire is hooked up otherwise it won't work.
Just figured it out, turns out the factory harness only has 4 wires meaning it’s either front or rear you will get from the harness. Since I have a harness meant for steering wheel controls and all 2004 - 2018 dodge, Chrysler, Jeep vehicles. I had to bridge the front and rear together.

Reactions: theRealCrazy
Just figured it out, turns out the factory harness only has 4 wires meaning it’s either front or rear you will get from the harness. Since I have a harness meant for steering wheel controls and all 2004 - 2018 dodge, Chrysler, Jeep vehicles. I had to bridge the front and rear together.

Ahhh, I'm glad you figured that out. Thanks for updating us with the solution as well. This is bound to help someone down the line.

Can you send a photo? I am trying the same thing and it isn’t working