Extreme EGT Temps

Redrubi2010

Hey guys I’m new here did a quick set h and couldn’t find anything ... I’m having a problem with my Jeep the driver side bank I believe is running lean there are no dtc’s to back this up but When I was driving up into the mountains last night I stopped to let the Jeep rest as the transmission was getting hot (I plan on a after market trans cooler) and I was checking out the Jeep it’s fairly new to me and I noticed that the driver side exhaust manifold was glowing red got towards the collector so as I don’t know much about the 3.8 where should I start looking to diagnose what’s wrong because I’d like to be able to take my Jeep to the mountains that’s the reason I got it and can’t with it doing this

If it was a problem with something the ECM controls it should set off a CEL. Maybe if you have or can get access to a scanner check for a code.

Reactions: mrjp
My Jeep has a trail dash with a dtc section or should I get a better scanner

Not familiar with the Trail Dash but if it gives the trouble codes it would be worth the try. I know my Hypertech gives the codes.

A fuel injector could cause the High EGT like that but i'd think it would also throw a code. Might try running some good injector cleaner in the tank.

Reactions: Chris