Exterior light replacement with LEDs?

Mikester86

Is it as simple as purchasing the correct LED replacement for the stock bulbs and installing them? Or does the flasher or other component(s) need replacement as well?

I do not want the turn signals hyper flashing or any LED replacements working incorrectly or not all.

My JK specifically is a 2018 2 door Willys. Thanks!

A flasher relay isn't needed on JKs, as the turn signals are computer driven. I just put my JW Speaker taillights on and they worked fine without any issues at all.

A flasher relay isn't needed on JKs, as the turn signals are computer driven. I just put my JW Speaker taillights on and they worked fine without any issues at all.
Cool, I was thinking ahead for when the originals start failing, I mine as well replace with LED's.

Reactions: Chris
i replaced all my exterior bulbs with LED and had to add resistors on the turn signals only, reverse and licence plate didn't need them before i did that i had hyper flash and annoying messages on the EVIC screen. some tuners can change the head lights to LED so you wont need a flicker harness with the right tuner.