Error P0562 low voltage

Ghstrydr

JK Enthusiast
Well I finished the drive train maintenance, changed out the plugs and wires, top off the tranny fluid and then get a check engine light, error P0562, low voltage. Checked the battery this morning after having it on charge all night, 10.5 volts. I was worried I hit a wire, or broke a ground. Not happy to have to spend more money, however, I guess it better then it being a bad ground, alternator, or starter. Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

It's hard to believe it would be a coincidence the battery would go bad right after doing that work. I'd either take the battery to have it tested or pull it out and charge it and then check the volts after it has sat for a while. While it's out clean the battery clamps and inspect the cables for corrosion and the ground on the engine.

Reactions: mrjp and Lxxtsy
It's hard to believe it would be a coincidence the battery would go bad right after doing that work. I'd either take the battery to have it tested or pull it out and charge it and then check the volts after it has sat for a while. While it's out clean the battery clamps and inspect the cables for corrosion and the ground on the engine.
My thoughts exactly, so I did clean both the battery post and connectors, and had the the auto store test the battery to ensure my volt meter was accurate. Test showed bad battery. Now time will tell if there is more to it.

Reactions: mrjp
The ECM does way more then it really needs to do, why can't they make them simple like the older vehicles. Darn EPA

I have a mopar battery that was installed in May of 20. It went bad, off gassing, not taking a full charge, ect. I installed a AGM and took the molar battery back to the dealer and they said I had to reinstall it and bring the jeep in and leave it with them and pay for the install. They would not warranty the battery with out it installed. I told them to pound sand and walked out.

• Wow
Reactions: BLACKJKU
I have a mopar battery that was installed in May of 20. It went bad, off gassing, not taking a full charge, ect. I installed a AGM and took the molar battery back to the dealer and they said I had to reinstall it and bring the jeep in and leave it with them and pay for the install. They would not warranty the battery with out it installed. I told them to pound sand and walked out.
Yep, sounds like a dealership. Some of the auto stores are now charging for battery install. When I was looking for one earlier today I noticed that Advance Auto charges $14.00 to install a battery. Not the case at Autozone or O'Reilly's, not sure about Pep Boys.