Engine rough running, only one short trip

Hillcojim

Hi
the other day, I started up, cold, to go a short distance. It ran rough and engine light came on and off all the way there. i shut down at the store. After comi out, and since then, it’s running fine.
I guess there’s no point in having it hooked up to check codes if it’s acting normal?
anyideas on cause? I’m concerned about it’s reliability.
2016 JKU

JIM

Was it damp out, if so moisture could have gotten into a connection and it dried up after it was driven.

Bad, dirty and corroded grounds, clamps and cables can cause issues also.

I ran a ground cable from the neg battery post to a alternator case to add another ground.

Hi
the other day, I started up, cold, to go a short distance. It ran rough and engine light came on and off all the way there. i shut down at the store. After comi out, and since then, it’s running fine.
I guess there’s no point in having it hooked up to check codes if it’s acting normal?
anyideas on cause? I’m concerned about it’s reliability.
2016 JKU

JIM
Get it scanned and see what code(s) are stored.

Reactions: mrjp
An OBD II ( I have an Innova) it is a great invest, they are so much less costly now. My dash is lit like an F4 Phantom over North Viet Nam. Fuses pulled, bypasses, emission deletes. Plug in my Innova every moon, to check for the offbeats.

Reactions: mrjp