Engine Oil Jelly

mrbissi

Hi all,
Looking to see if anyone has experienced this issue with the engine oil. Jeep Wrangler 2015 V6 3.6L Manual
Second owner, purchased from Jeep dealer who serviced it from new. After purchase replaced the engine oil and filter with Castrol Edge 5w-30 A3/B4 as per Jeep dealers advice. The jeep is not a daily driver and gets used short shop trips every couple of weeks and occasional longer trip about 300km. The oil has been in the car approx. 14month and the car has done 6,400km since change. I decided to change the oil again and this is how it came out. I have tested the pressure of the radiator and it appears ok there are no leaks. I have left the sump plug off for few weeks with a clear cup attached to see if any coolant comes out and it’s all good no coolant. There are no error codes. I have been changing oil in my car and have never seen anything like this. I have flushed the engine and about to use Penrite Enviro+ 5W-30 Engine Oil and run it for a week or so and see how it comes out. Thanks in advance

20240319_095831_resized_1.jpg

20240421_123152_resized_1.jpg

20240421_123204_resized_1.jpg

Hi all,
Looking to see if anyone has experienced this issue with the engine oil. Jeep Wrangler 2015 V6 3.6L Manual
Second owner, purchased from Jeep dealer who serviced it from new. After purchase replaced the engine oil and filter with Castrol Edge 5w-30 A3/B4 as per Jeep dealers advice. The jeep is not a daily driver and gets used short shop trips every couple of weeks and occasional longer trip about 300km. The oil has been in the car approx. 14month and the car has done 6,400km since change. I decided to change the oil again and this is how it came out. I have tested the pressure of the radiator and it appears ok there are no leaks. I have left the sump plug off for few weeks with a clear cup attached to see if any coolant comes out and it’s all good no coolant. There are no error codes. I have been changing oil in my car and have never seen anything like this. I have flushed the engine and about to use Penrite Enviro+ 5W-30 Engine Oil and run it for a week or so and see how it comes out. Thanks in advance

View attachment 127036

View attachment 127037

View attachment 127038

My guess it's water in the oil, you could send a sample to Blackstone Labs and they could tell you what all's in there.

Hi all,

View attachment 127036

View attachment 127037

View attachment 127038
It looks like the oil is on the verge of sludging. Short trips, lots of idling, and long time in service are all contributors. I never let my oil stay in use more than 12 mos. regardless of hours/distance. 14mos isn't terrible but has probably aided in the breakdown of that oil.

Also, check your air filter for proper function. There could be a combination of things happening. A compression and leakdown test can help diagnose if there is an issue with the piston rings allowing excessive blowby and contamination.

Reactions: Stormydog
I would change the oil again in a few months..1000km to see how the oil looks....same better. You changed the oil the 1st time and noticed nothing.....try a different oil....Castrol should be good just weird.

Reactions: tJKrider