Engine noise plz help

Jctomas25

I am getting this engine noise from, what seems to be, the front, top left part of the engine. It usually happens at low idle, under light load at initial start of a cold engine. It initially sounds like a pulley bearing. I am thinking maybe the Alternator. No codes or anything attributing. Replaced both pulleys and tensioner pulley unit and it’s just getting worse. Can’t pinpoint this sound and don’t understand why it only happens at initial startup on cold engine then dissipates as it warms up. Any ideas?
When the AC compressor engages creating a load, the noise gets louder, then fades away slightly when the compressor disengages. And goes away completely when up to temp.
Definitely more noticeable front left side. It’s not exhaust.

Reactions: vaffanculo
What year is the Jeep?

Take your serpentine belt off and start it up and then listen for the noise.

I am getting this engine noise from, what seems to be, the front, top left part of the engine. It usually happens at low idle, under light load at initial start of a cold engine. It initially sounds like a pulley bearing. I am thinking maybe the Alternator. No codes or anything attributing. Replaced both pulleys and tensioner pulley unit and it’s just getting worse. Can’t pinpoint this sound and don’t understand why it only happens at initial startup on cold engine then dissipates as it warms up. Any ideas?
When the AC compressor engages creating a load, the noise gets louder, then fades away slightly when the compressor disengages. And goes away completely when up to temp.

What year is the Jeep?

Take your serpentine belt off and start it up and then listen for the noise.
2013 Unl Rubi10A 3.6L

I usually spray the belt and ,pullys with wd40 ..do when the engine is not hot ..or you can just buy belt dressing spray