Electric Hummer

It is a "status" vehicle for all I know.
People who drives them probably are in suits and suitcases working downtown with their exclusive parking garage and surely don't even have time to look at the engine bay for a horn upgrade.

Reactions: Barry
One never knows when you'll need 1000 HP on tap and a 3 second 0-60 time. You know, because you might just need to go weekend drag racing with the entire family :ROFLMAO:

And you know, the "range" when you're driving it like that will be dismal at best, not to mention it will take an hour or more to full recharge.

Reactions: Pullski
My thoughts on the power numbers:

1000 hp and 11,500 lbft torque is way too much. If you are actually wheeling you would rip things apart.

Its gonna be a reality. Talk of range? e cars are just starting, 40 years ago the thought of Fords Eco V6 was sifi.
3.0L with 440ftlbs of torque and 250hp.... and 30mpg.... when Chevy was building rhe V8-6-4 and converting gas engines to diesel.... e racers own the Pikes Peak record. plus this..

Last edited:
Gosh - with seven slots!

1580603910781.png

When buying an E vehicle I don't think anybody thinks about what it will cost to have that big battery replaced (the labor)
Or the cost of the battery
Or the fee for disposing it.
And when you misjudge how much battery you have left like sometimes happens with gas power do you get out that spare can of gas? Do you look for a current bush to plug it into? Hell no, You call a towing company to bring their portable generator to put enough charge in to get where you're going at a cost that will make you remember to watch that voltmeter closely thereafter.
I also predict that a special home meter to be required by the power companies and the highway use tax people.

When buying an E vehicle I don't think anybody thinks about what it will cost to have that big battery replaced (the labor)
Or the cost of the battery
Or the fee for disposing it.
And when you misjudge how much battery you have left like sometimes happens with gas power do you get out that spare can of gas? Do you look for a current bush to plug it into? Hell no, You call a towing company to bring their portable generator to put enough charge in to get where you're going at a cost that will make you remember to watch that voltmeter closely thereafter.
I also predict that a special home meter to be required by the power companies and the highway use tax people.

Batteries aren't cheap, I can tell you that.

I believe a battery replacement on a Tesla Model S is around 7k plus last I heard.

The good news is that their batteries are supposed to last a million miles, so chances are the battery will outlive the vehicle.

Reactions: Pullski and mrjp
Batteries aren't cheap, I can tell you that.

I believe a battery replacement on a Tesla Model S is around 7k plus last I heard.

The good news is that their batteries are supposed to last a million miles, so chances are the battery will outlive the vehicle.

It's the same with any rechargeable type battery you have to do the maintenance the OEM calls for in order for it to last.

Reactions: mrjp
It's the same with any rechargeable type battery you have to do the maintenance the OEM calls for in order for it to last.

Yeah, I'm sure that is the case.

I'm not oppose to electric vehicles whatsoever. However, they currently can't replace ICE vehicles in terms of off-roading, long trips, etc.

But if it was just in town driving / commuting or even short highway trips, I'd be fine owning one. My issue is I can't afford one :LOL:

Yeah, I'm sure that is the case.

I'm not oppose to electric vehicles whatsoever. However, they currently can't replace ICE vehicles in terms of off-roading, long trips, etc.

But if it was just in town driving / commuting or even short highway trips, I'd be fine owning one. My issue is I can't afford one :LOL:

I don't like something that I can't modify to make it better.

I think the idea is good but the infrastructure of this country is not able to accommodate the demand as it increases. Hell look at all of the rolling black outs that happen now. I feel Calif. is going to be in for a real shock when they are forced to go all electric. But Calif is jacked up anyways.

I don't like something that I can't modify to make it better.

I don't mind that as long as it's my daily driver. My Jeep is my recreational vehicle. My daily is a Honda Odyssey minivan. I could care less about modifying it ;)

Reactions: mrjp
I think the idea is good but the infrastructure of this country is not able to accommodate the demand as it increases. Hell look at all of the rolling black outs that happen now. I feel Calif. is going to be in for a real shock when they are forced to go all electric. But Calif is jacked up anyways.
Lol CA is a complete dumpster fire. We get taxed out the a** so the politicians can pocket the money. Our infrastructure is ancient, our roads and schools SUCK, and they keep raising prices on everything. Our state also said “no more emissions by 2030” or something. So we are just getting started!

Lol CA is a complete dumpster fire. We get taxed out the a** so the politicians can pocket the money. Our infrastructure is ancient, our roads and schools SUCK, and they keep raising prices on everything. Our state also said “no more emissions by 2030” or something. So we are just getting started!
I have no clue why people still live there. 😂

Calif keeps raising taxes so they can keep bringing in the illegals and then your tax money can pay for their education and health care