Do I need to upgrade anything for 37s on a daily driver?

If you plan to wheel it at all on 37's and want to keep the dana 30 up front I would definitely recommend a truss, inner C gussets, regear, and chromoly shafts. If it's just going to see asphalt you could probably do without the added strength but it will feel extremely sluggish without at least regearing.
Yes regearing is definitely something I plan on doing....no doubt about that 👍🏼

Oh yes, I also forgot you have a D30 front as oppose to a D44.

Like he said, if you plan to wheel it, then you'd want to truss it. However, if it's mostly going to be on-road with just light off-road trails, you'll be fine.

You can still take it off-road just fine without a truss, but if you were one of those aggressive wheelers where you start bouncing off rocks and using the skinny pedal as a means to get out of situations, then you're going to have some serious issues.

However, from what I gather, you won't be doing that, so you'll be just fine.

Oh yes, I also forgot you have a D30 front as oppose to a D44.

Like he said, if you plan to wheel it, then you'd want to truss it. However, if it's mostly going to be on-road with just light off-road trails, you'll be fine.

You can still take it off-road just fine without a truss, but if you were one of those aggressive wheelers where you start bouncing off rocks and using the skinny pedal as a means to get out of situations, then you're going to have some serious issues.

However, from what I gather, you won't be doing that, so you'll be just fine.
When / if I take it off-roading, I won’t abuse it. As much as I’d like to use my Jeep for what it’s made for, I like my stuff to stay in as good as shape as possible....plus it’s my daily driver

When / if I take it off-roading, I won’t abuse it. As much as I’d like to use my Jeep for what it’s made for, I like my stuff to stay in as good as shape as possible....plus it’s my daily driver
That's the problem. It wont take much to pop a front axle shaft, bend the housing or even smoke the ring and pinion if nothing is done to protect it. Taking a vehicle with much heavier wheels and tires on anything more than a dirt road or a fire lane runs much greater risk. If you really want to keep the front axle and have no intention to upgrade to a rubicon 44 (which can be had for relatively inexpensive now) it would be worth considering 35"s as an alternative.

I will say this, if you plan on off-roading it, at least upgrade the axle shafts to some stronger alloy shafts (I recommend Revolution or RCVs).

Bending the axle housing itself will take a lot of stupid driving, but snapping the axle shaft won't take much work with 37s off-road.

Of course upgrading axle shafts isn't hard at all, not nearly as much work as trussing the axle.

I will say this, if you plan on off-roading it, at least upgrade the axle shafts to some stronger alloy shafts (I recommend Revolution or RCVs).

Bending the axle housing itself will take a lot of stupid driving, but snapping the axle shaft won't take much work with 37s off-road.

Of course upgrading axle shafts isn't hard at all, not nearly as much work as trussing the axle.
Does the whole front suspension have to dropped to weld on a truss?

Weren’t supposed to be delivered until tomorrow but Santa dropped one off today

3FD45475-D756-461D-B611-39A935432480.jpeg

B0F4614F-9F2B-4F8C-8825-1DCC7A08744E.jpeg

7A4B0A4E-9442-41C9-98B0-9109BCC6DFF3.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Chris
Hi.. Long time Jeeper but took a break to try the SxS world, well lets just say I'm back in a JEEP again. I have 456's with 6-speed manual, if it's a DD and you go on the eway I wouldn't go 488.. around here the eway goes 80mph lol..