Core4x4 Double Adjustable Control Arms

cpwolf

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Pretty fired up! Core 4x4 Double Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms arrived!
Traded emails with Spencer and was willing to wait on production of these.
They’ll be on my sons JK this week.
35D60AAC-9AF4-4A26-A027-F364E572E173.jpeg

Reactions: Team Nacho JK
Core4x4 seems to make nice arms at reasonable prices.

Which tier did you go with?
Tier 4, I figure if I'm wrenching, might as well put it in big. I've got 35's on my son's 08 JK, want it to be ready to go heavy when we go out.

Out these on and started measuring Caster. Went from 3.2 to 6.0. HUGE difference in drive-ability. Return to zero is better, but ran a test run and my son had to run to work, woohoo, so he delivered pizzas in it and said it was money. I think I may take it to 6.7 or 7 degrees and try it, either way they are great,

By the way, the driver’s side came off no problem, but eh passenger side was a PITA. The exhaust was in the way and I couldn’t get the bolt out. Cut it, went and got a Grade 8 and washers at Lowe’s, and of course had to run a 1/2” drill bit, and needed a super long bit, and made a second trip to Lowe’s, ha, made it much longer than necessary.

Installed the bolt from the outside of the frame and Bam, all good.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
Happy to hear you're enjoying them so far. How do you like working on the JK versus the TJ?
The JK doesn’t need anywhere near as much on mine, so I liken that I can accomplish 35’s without the massive list.

I love my TJ because I feel like it looks more like my old CJ, so it’s more my fun project. With 2” lift and 1” BL this JK looks much bigger just sitting in the driveway, and I’m jealous, I told my 17 year old that and we got a laugh.

The dual exhaust causes multiple issues so far, total PITA. If so regear this JK I’m done in myopinion. My TJ I’ve got a list, and it ends with a total red paint job, but I think I’m going with a metallicred that is on F150s right now,same red that’s on our Expedition. Kind of a candy apple metallic. Not maroon and not fire engine.

The JK doesn’t need anywhere near as much on mine, so I liken that I can accomplish 35’s without the massive list.

I love my TJ because I feel like it looks more like my old CJ, so it’s more my fun project. With 2” lift and 1” BL this JK looks much bigger just sitting in the driveway, and I’m jealous, I told my 17 year old that and we got a laugh.

The dual exhaust causes multiple issues so far, total PITA. If so regear this JK I’m done in myopinion. My TJ I’ve got a list, and it ends with a total red paint job, but I think I’m going with a metallicred that is on F150s right now,same red that’s on our Expedition. Kind of a candy apple metallic. Not maroon and not fire engine.

Very true about the JK and 35s! Fitting 35s on my JK was quite easy, whereas fitting them on a TJ becomes quite an extensive list of mods, that's saying the least.

I'm with you though 100%. The TJ definitely retains a lot of the classic looks, which I like. The JK is just simpler in the fact that you don't need to do much to them in order to get them where you want.