Control arm shootout

BlackBerserkerDD

Hello!

I'm new here, but hung out on Jeepforum.com for awhile in my younger years driving around in XJs.

I recently lifted my 2010 2d JK 2.5'' which unfortunately... has netted 3.25'' of lift. I'm not really complaining, but the Mrs. sure did lol.

Everything works great, but I have having an issue with Caster, and flighty steering at highway speeds. I figured the springs would settle a bit, and I would address the issue when they did.
It's been 6 months lol.
Put it up on the alignment rack this morning and I am getting 5.6 Left Front, and 5.9 Right front.

SO! My plan is to pick up some lower adjustable control arms, but I cannot seem to settle on a brand.
It isn't as easy as it used to be it seems with so many great companies in the running.
I've searched a few forums and have seen a lot of great press on Rock Krawler and Terraflex. I don't mind Balls on them, but kinda like the Idea of one rubber bushed end.

So what do you think? Any top choice arms out there that people just cannot get enough of?

I base control arms off of the joint that is used. That being said, I don't think there is a better joint out there than a Johnny Joint.

A good option for control arms to consider is the Core 4x4 arms. Check them out:

They have multiple different tiers depending on what joints you want at each end.

Curious what arms you went with, I'm having the exact same issue and looking to get front upper or lower adjustable control arms. I got Savvy for my TJ and was looking at Currie for the JK, but saw this on the Core4x4. Not sure if there are others with JJ ends you found? I was looking to see if there are double adjustable for the JK?

Last edited:
So I ended up going to Core 4x4 which I have really enjoyed so far. Done a bit of wheeling with them, and they flex pretty well, and road manners are nice.

However I found that it did not fix my wander.... I ended up figuring out that the balljoints I had installed were too tight, and were giving me " Memory Steer"
The caster I got from the C4X4 arms helped, but did not fix it.

4 new Spicer balljoints later, and the jeep rideslike brand new.

So I ended up going to Core 4x4 which I have really enjoyed so far. Done a bit of wheeling with them, and they flex pretty well, and road manners are nice.

However I found that it did not fix my wander.... I ended up figuring out that the balljoints I had installed were too tight, and were giving me " Memory Steer"
The caster I got from the C4X4 arms helped, but did not fix it.

4 new Spicer balljoints later, and the jeep rideslike brand new.
Awesome, thanks. I'll start with the CAs, and if it doesn't correct, I'll look at the ball joints as well.

Spence with Core4x4 reached back out and I've got uppers on the way. Super cool....he said he can do double adjustable uppers in the T4, just going to take time to manufacture specific. Hoping to get them by end of next week.