Coil over conversion possible?

TwiisT

Hey everyone, just made my account and I have a question for you knowledgeable folks. So I have a 2011 JKU 4 door and I was recently looking at this coil over conversion kit from ICON but I have stock width axles. I know you usually need larger aftermarket axles to run coil overs, but was not sure if these were the same way. I have not done ANY work to my axle setup what so ever. I have a 4" rough country lift (looking like 3" now LoL) but was looking into investing in a dana 44 front to have 44/44. My end goal is to run 40s so I want to know if I can use this kit to give me the extra lift I need. Any info on this would help greatly thank you all!

The amount of work needed to run a good coilover (i.e. Fox or King) is going to require so much labor and money that you better be in this for the long haul.

If you are going to run 40s, your Dana 44s aren't up to the task.You're going to need Dana 60s, a custom coilover setup, outboard rear shocks, and A LOT of fucking money.

That kit is not one I would consider personally. If I was going to do what you're describing, I would go with a GenRight setup as the build some very top notch stuff. I'd pair that with either some Fox or King coilovers and some RockJock 60 axles. You're going to need upwards of 40k or more to do this right, but I'm sure you know that ;)

I wouldn't waste any money on that ICON kit for stock axles since all that stuff would need to be changed out for 40s anyways, so it's a waste of time and money.

Reactions: mrjp