Code P0300 after replacing spark plugs, air intake, throttle spacer

Hazin

I recently replaced the air intake, added a throttle spacer and replaced the spark plugs. Any suggestions?

-2017 jeep jku

That Code has to do with the Sparkplugs, did you use OEM plugs?

Might also do a ECM reset to see if that clears it.

Throttle body spacers do not work on fuel injected vehicles. That's fact, not opinion.

You wouldn't have a throttle body on a non-fuel injected (ie. Carb'ed) engine so there's that... 😀

In all seriousness the only reason for a spacer is to provide real estate for mixing gases (PCV, EGR, Purge). In that respect they do "work" but there is no reason to add one if it wasn't there from the factory.

Reactions: Chris and Cimmerian
You wouldn't have a throttle body on a non-fuel injected (ie. Carb'ed) engine so there's that... 😀

In all seriousness the only reason for a spacer is to provide real estate for mixing gases (PCV, EGR, Purge). In that respect they do "work" but there is no reason to add one if it wasn't there from the factory.

No reason to add half the crap people do to these. CAIs, Viper throttle bodies, etc. All useless on these engines.

Reactions: tJKrider
I put a Viper TB on my Jeep along with a tune for it and I noticed a difference.

Was it a worthwhile difference because every time I've read about someone doing it, it hasn't been.

I'll be 100% up front though that I'm particularly biased about this kind of stuff; most people just seem to want to make their Jeeps go vroom and I think this is the worst vehicle imaginable for that.

Was it a worthwhile difference because every time I've read about someone doing it, it hasn't been.

I'll be 100% up front though that I'm particularly biased about this kind of stuff; most people just seem to want to make their Jeeps go vroom and I think this is the worst vehicle imaginable for that.

It was less then $200 for the TB and I wanted to see what it would do, was it worth it probably not unless I really needed a new TB then yes it would have made more sense. Just like the Long Tube Headers and high flow cats, I had to get a whole new exhaust system from the engine back because someone put shorty headers on and a dual exhaust. The headers were rusted out and the duals were poorly done so it was just a little more to go that way.

Probably the best thing was the Pedal Commander, you can really feel the difference with it.

Reactions: Cimmerian
It was less then $200 for the TB and I wanted to see what it would do, was it worth it probably not unless I really needed a new TB then yes it would have made more sense. Just like the Long Tube Headers and high flow cats, I had to get a whole new exhaust system from the engine back because someone put shorty headers on and a dual exhaust. The headers were rusted out and the duals were poorly done so it was just a little more to go that way.

Probably the best thing was the Pedal Commander, you can really feel the difference with it.

That makes sense for you since you opened up the exhaust side. The OEM throttle body may have been the next choke point. Doubtful that it would've made a difference on an otherwise stock engine and exhaust system.

That makes sense for you since you opened up the exhaust side. The OEM throttle body may have been the next choke point. Doubtful that it would've made a difference on an otherwise stock engine and exhaust system.

You can hear the intake more when I have my foot in it with the TB.

Reactions: tJKrider
Was just poking fun a bit…what 1 person thinks is needed, 5 others think is a waste. Been driving mustangs for 35 years, own 2 now, your CAI intake isn’t making any real difference. Do your get 10hp? Probably…does that matter, not at all.

Edit to post my not stock heap…yea, it has a CAI. :ROFLMAO:

IMG_0082.jpeg

I have a CAI in my Mustang because I like how it sounds. I have no illusions that it actually benefits anything.

I put a free flow muffler on the Jeep because I like the way it sounds. No expectations of any horsepower gains. *Personal opinion and experience* - CAI is paying good money to ruin the internals of your motor. The high flow filter passes more dirt particles than a good OEM filter. Not good for rings and valve seats.

• USA Proud
Reactions: Cimmerian