Code P0205 - injector circuit malfunction

phintze

I just replaced the valve cover gasket on my 2013 JK and now I’m getting a P0205 code, which is a circuit malfunction on injector 5. I wasn’t having that issue before. Did I mess up something with the wiring? I’m not really sure what to look for.

If it's related at all (correlation is not causation) you probably loosened a connection when you pulled the valve cover. Start there.

Reactions: Artisanau
If it's related at all (correlation is not causation) you probably loosened a connection when you pulled the valve cover. Start there.
I had to disconnect a lot of things when I removed the valve cover. I’m worried that I messed up something with the wiring.

You can't "mess something up" unless you physically cut it or were foolish enough to pull on the wires instead of the plug. The plugs only fit one way, so it's impossible to plug them in incorrectly.

You can't "mess something up" unless you physically cut it or were foolish enough to pull on the wires instead of the plug. The plugs only fit one way, so it's impossible to plug them in incorrectly.
I didn’t pull on the wires when unplugging the connectors, but I’m afraid that the valve cover might have caught on something when I pulled it out.

There’s a problem with the connection at the injector. The plug won’t lock into place. I reseated the plug and started it up and the CEL was off. I drove it a little and everything was ok until I hit a bump and then the light came on and the engine immediately started misfiring.

There’s a problem with the connection at the injector. The plug won’t lock into place. I reseated the plug and started it up and the CEL was off. I drove it a little and everything was ok until I hit a bump and then the light came on and the engine immediately started misfiring.

Check with the Dealer to see if a new clip with the wires is available.

So you broke the clip. You should be able to get the plug and wires for less than $20. It'll take about 5 minutes to cut the old one out and splice in the new.

• Dislike
Reactions: phintze
So you broke the clip. You should be able to get the plug and wires for less than $20. It'll take about 5 minutes to cut the old one out and splice in the new.
I already figured this out, but thanks for taking every opportunity to insult me in this thread. I came here looking for help, but instead you decided to be a smug, condescending jerk. You could have just moved along.