Clunking noise coming from rear taking off from a complete stop

CutlerBayJK

Hello everyone,

I need a little help trying to identify a clunking noise coming from what feel like the back of my 2016 2dr JK.

I recently had a Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit installed (not sure this caused it), but i feel like the is a small clunking noise after i brake and try to take off. Feel more like rear passenger side but not 100% sure as these are hard to identify.

I have gotten down there and torqued everything to spec and honestly didn't find anything wrong or out of place, not tightened, etc...

I do still have the stock shocks that are a bit extended but not sure if that could be causing it.

Again, this happens when i get going after i come to a complete stop. I don't feel it as i am riding.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: vaffanculo
A brake caliper could possibly do that, and a universal joint.

Loose wheel lug nuts maybe.

Hello everyone,

I need a little help trying to identify a clunking noise coming from what feel like the back of my 2016 2dr JK.

I recently had a Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit installed (not sure this caused it), but i feel like the is a small clunking noise after i brake and try to take off. Feel more like rear passenger side but not 100% sure as these are hard to identify.

I have gotten down there and torqued everything to spec and honestly didn't find anything wrong or out of place, not tightened, etc...

I do still have the stock shocks that are a bit extended but not sure if that could be causing it.

Again, this happens when i get going after i come to a complete stop. I don't feel it as i am riding.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Before going with what I thought initially because I was stupid and I just glanced at your post I would raise the rear wheels off the ground too take the pressure off the suspension and check for loose components especially your left shock that your saying is over extended. The bushings on the shock where it bolts in may be bad or ripped .also while you have the jeeps wheels raised put it in neutral and spin the rear wheels by hand and look at those u joints you will be able too see if that's your problem...good luck