Clean GMRS antenna cable run from A-pillar into cowl area on 2007 to 2009 Jeep Wangler JK

Thomas R

Looking for pictures showing how you ran your GMRS antenna cable from A-Pillar mount to inside of cab, on your 2008-2010 jeep Wrangler JK.

This is on my 2010. I found a hole on the passenger side behind the battery. There is some fiberglass insulation. I poked a straightened wire hanger through it and down toward the center console. It came out inside the firewall behind the heater. I tied a piece of string to it and pulled it back out, then used the string to pull the cable in. Here's some pics. The cable is tuned to the antenna, so I left the excess coiled up and taped it under the cowling.
20221128_113916.jpg
20221128_113803.jpg
20221128_113739.jpg

Hello and thanks Amok, the bracket I have attaches to the lower bolt on the A-Pillar . From there I have three choices 1. Into the door channel and chance getting it crimped on the door or 2. Run up the side of lower cowl to where the cowl is bolted then run it down inside cowl. 3. I'm thinking of running the cable horizontal the length of cowl (about 8 inches long) ,so that it's hidden in the seam created between the bottom of end cowl and the upper edge of drivers side fender with a litte help from some silicone then run it into cowl at hinged area of hood that will completely hide the antenna cable . I have a busy day tomorrow but I will try and get some pictures posted to help better with my explanation.....CHEERS !

Reactions: mrjp
OK, this is my best option on running and hiding the hideous antenna cable Tomorrow in mich; It's gonna be around 50 out so I'll add a small bead of silicone adhesive along the seem and push the cable into place hiding it out of site. Mission accomplished!

Reactions: mrjp
ON 2013 AND UP , PULL THE PLASTIC END PANEL OF THE PASSENGER SIDE DASH.. THEIR S A HOLE THERE WITH RUBBER SEAL .. JUST POKE A SCREWDRIVER THRU IT AND YOU IN THE ENGINE COMPARTMENT