check engine light flashing

ObiWan

Jedi Master
Supporting Member
My check engine light came on yesterday and gives me codes Po301 and Po201. I was wondering if there are any things that would be a quick fix for it or anything. I’ve put the seafoam stuff in it to try and see if it’s the injectors and if it’ll clean it out, but just incase it’s something else I’ll gladly take any advice.

P0201 indicates an issue with the electrical circuit on cyl#1 fuel injector. This is causing a misfire and generating the P0301 code for cyl#1. Check the electrical connector for any issues and that it is properly seated. This may be hard to diagnose if it isn't something visually obvious. It could be the injector itself...

Reactions: BigAL07
Just FYI, that's a zero after the P, not an oh. You'll find it much easier to look up...
0301 is a misfire, 0201 is an injector fault. I'd start with the injector, since that may well be the cause of the misfire.
Unplug the injector, check all the wires and pins, fix any worn or damaged bits, and plug it back in.
If that doesn't fix the problem, the next step is to remove the injector and swap it with one on another cylinder. If the problem follows the injector, replace the injector. If it doesn't, then it's something in the harness (most likely) or the fuel rail.
Once you've got the injector working correctly, if you're still having a misfire, swap the offending coil with another cylinder and see if the problem follows the coil. If it does, replace the coil and wire. If not, replace the plug.
If time is more an issue than money, just replace the injectors, coils, and plugs. Depending on how long they've been in, that might be your best bet.