Changed clock spring, now TC light

beoconnor

I changed the clock spring this weekend on my 16 Rubicon 2dr to resolve airbag light issue. Took it for a ride and after about 4 miles the TC light came on. I noticed that I may not have pressed the steering wheel back on in exactly the same place as it is now a bit off center. Can this be the cause? Do I simply have to pull the wheel and keep adjusting until it goes out? Any suggestions?

If the steering wheel isn't centered when driving straight it will make the TC light come on.
Thanks. So pull the wheel and turn slightly before pressing it back on? There is a small tab at the bottom intended to be a guide. It appears to be in the window. Any way to guarantee you are pressing it back on in the correct spot?

Thanks. So pull the wheel and turn slightly before pressing it back on? There is a small tab at the bottom intended to be a guide. It appears to be in the window. Any way to guarantee you are pressing it back on in the correct spot?

Sorry never had one apart so I have no idea. Was the steering wheel centered before you pulled it off?

Reactions: BigAL07