Can I use a light bar on the front bumper with the factory fog light wiring?

JK_OWNER_

Has anyone added their light bar ( or 2 small rock lights, because I got a winch there) on the front of the bumper but connected to the original fog lights wiring? Would like to use as an light bar on-and off feature, so its more stock-ish. Is that possible? Thanks
IMG_0962.JPG

Reactions: Dirty Dog
I tried to use the factory fog light switch to control the new cube lights included on my new bumper.
I was unable to get them to work.
Wired direct to battery and they worked fine.
Measured output on the factory wiring and I got +12VDC
Apparently the system is smart enough to recognize the difference in resistance and it said “No F-ing way”.

I would still consider using that output to trigger a relay though…

Reactions: Dirty Dog
Stock lights are controlled by the computer and have a set power expectation. You are asking for strange errors by using those wires. Best idea is to run new wires to fuse panel and a switch inside. Don't forget to include a relay.

Running new lights isn't hard, but it's more than just running a pair of wires.

The LED lights in the front bumpers of both of ours are connected to the OEM fog light switches and work just fine. There are year to year differences that may impact this installation. Ours are an '11 and a '13.

Reactions: JK_OWNER_
Stock lights are controlled by the computer and have a set power expectation. You are asking for strange errors by using those wires. Best idea is to run new wires to fuse panel and a switch inside. Don't forget to include a relay.

Running new lights isn't hard, but it's more than just running a pair of wires.
Well, I've done that. I was just curious if that could work, don't mind doing my own wiring, just wondered if that could work, Ig its ok then

The LED lights in the front bumpers of both of ours are connected to the OEM fog light switches and work just fine. There are year to year differences that may impact this installation. Ours are an '11 and a '13.
Interesting, I think it depends on a lightbar tho. Will take a look tho, thanks

I have a 15 jk with jroad stubby w 2 light they are wired into the factory fog light switch and I have had no issues with it