Brake noise

mxz800

My son's 2014 wrangler's passenger rear rotor is making a squealing noise. I looked at the rotor it has shinny metal near the lip do you think the caliper is causing this?

IMG_20201022_163043398.jpg

IMG_20201022_163054377.jpg

Looks like the pads are about gone. Let it go much longer and you'll need to have the rotors turned.
You gotta remember up in that neck of the woods the winter road salt really cuts into the life expectancy of the pads.

Thanks, on a side note my Uncle did 30 years in the USN.

You might have heard this but my Uncle asked me if I had heard that from now on all Coast Guard personnel have to be 6ft tall or taller? I said no why? He said that way if the boat sinks they can walk to shore.

Reactions: Anybodyhome
Thanks, on a side note my Uncle did 30 years in the USN.

You might have heard this but my Uncle asked me if I had heard that from now on all Coast Guard personnel have to be 6ft tall or taller? I said no why? He said that way if the boat sinks they can walk to shore.
For what it's worth, I spent about 18 months in Bath, ME on the pre-commissioning crew of an Aegis cruiser being built at BIW. I lived in Topsham. And there's a reason we referred to Coasties as "knee-deep sailors."