Best Stinger radio alternative?

area51-s4

I have the Stinger Heigh10. I also have the echomaster blindspot cameras. Im considering replacing this radio with a different one simply because id like to utilize blindspot cameras and this unit has a ton of lag when accessing the cameras to the point its almost useless to use them. All software is fully updated. Ive asked Stinger support and they suggested its the hardware limit. Takes up to 2.5 seconds for them to trigger and about the same amount of time to untrigger. Not good for changing lanes or paying attention to google maps that may have several quick turns coming up to do.

So whats the best 10" radio out there that actually has a decent processor / ram where i wont get lag as bad as the Stinger during video source triggering? It would have to support at least 4 cameras (not necessarily the Echomasters which are bleh)

I have not researched your current unit. As they seem way out of line price wise.

I would look for an android 12 or 13 unit. With an 8 core processor and 6gb or greater ram. A unit that runs android uses its own processors. Versus an android auto or apple carplay unit which basically uses your phone to operate.

Reactions: area51-s4
I have not researched your current unit. As they seem way out of line price wise.

I would look for an android 12 or 13 unit. With an 8 core processor and 6gb or greater ram. A unit that runs android uses its own processors. Versus an android auto or apple carplay unit which basically uses your phone to operate.

Thank you for your reply.

It would be nice to find a conversion kit for android tablets. I have a tab s9 ultra and if i could plug it into all the uconnect stuff that would be sweet lol

Thank you for your reply.

It would be nice to find a conversion kit for android tablets. I have a tab s9 ultra and if i could plug it into all the uconnect stuff that would be sweet lol
I know you didn't ask this. But you can get ones with dash panels replacements that turn the original dash into a stock looking one but with a 10.1 inch screen. Or you can get ones that change nothing in your dash. As they sit forward of the old opening. Kind of floating an inch or so away from the dash.

Kenwood has a good-looking "floating" head unit that appears to require no dash modification and it offers a 10.1" screen with 4 camera inputs, 2 of which can be dedicated to blind spot cameras. DMX1057XR.

I have no personal experience with this head unit other than it being on my short list of radios back when I was choosing something for my Jeep. I went with an Alpine unit but the one I chose doesn't have enough inputs for your camera needs.