Best professional UV paint for hard top?

Moab

JK Enthusiast
Supporting Member
I want to get my hard top professionally painted. And then put in some sound and heat insulation.

1) What is the best professional paint with UV in mind? I also have a Rhino roof rack that needs it too.

2) For insulation I can get a simlar insulation oanel set like this from Aliexpress for about $40:

Bestmotoring Jeep Wrangler JL Hardtop Insulation Cotton 4 Door, Jeep Roof Heat Insulation Sound Deadener Kit for Jeep Wrangler JL JLU 2018-2020 4-Doors https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZT9HLTT/?tag=jkforum-20

I plan to use it only as a pattern/cover piece. And back it with car heat shield. That also has sound insulation properties as well. It's used in the hotrod industry to cover firewalls and tubs. To block heat and noise. It blocks 97% of radiant heat. And some sound. Its very lightweight. It's also very cheap.

www.carinsulation.com

So I would just cut panels a little smaller than the panel set. High temp glue onto the back. And put it in place with high temp 3m velcro.

I'm also thinking about adding a few panels of Dynamat type sound deadener directly to the roof. Only say one 20x14 sheet per panel. As it does get heavy.

I used both of these products on my TJ. And they performed very well.

I think that would work as well, if not better, than the sets that cost several hundred dollars. And I have both the heat shield and sound deadener left over from my TJ.

Apparently the cheapest carpart at Home Depot is a direct match for our carpet as well. I could add an outer layer to each panel of carpet. But was concerned about its edges being unfinished. Or I could just use that cheap micro fiber carpet like they use in boats.