Best bang for the buck lift kits

I would go with the Teraflex spacer lift and spidertrax spacers. I have a 2.5" AEV lift on my 2dr and it suits my needs great with 35's. My 08 2dr that my son has now has factory rubicon springs that netted almost 2" from where it was stock and he has 33's on it. My daughters JKU has the spacer lift and 285 70 R17 (IIRC).

Going the spacer lift and wheel spacers will give you enough of a boost to make it feel like a Jeep while you put some cash aside and get to learn the vehicle. If it's just for show, it doesn't matter, but even in stock form a JK is very capable on the trail. I've seen a lot of people get in trouble because their vehicle could do more than they could. :)

I'm running the 2.5 teraflex spring kit with 9550 shocks and I'm happy with it.

https://www.extremeterrain.com/teraflex-25-lift-kit-w-9550-vss-shocks-0718-jk-4-door.html

The install wasn't bad. The only help I had was my step dad occasionally hang me tools. Just jack stands, jacks, a few beers, and two days. My back has too many miles on it to do it faster.

This replaced a basic teraflex leveling kit that allowed me to fit 33s.

You are probably aware of this, but if the 33s you are going to put on are 285 75 17s or larger, they will not fit on the jeep with stock wheels, there is not enough backspacing.

Reactions: mrjp