B&M Sport Shifter

TROY66/68

D**n Wildlife here.
Lifetime Supporting Member
Ya, it is Saturday night. And you young kids are all out having fun (stay safe). Me, I am having a Home Brew, at home of all places. ( I digress) Has anybody put one of these B&M Shifters in their JK. I think it would marry with my ACT HD performance clutch. Pic of my ACT last yr, outstanding heavy clutch feel, it is not good for rock climbing. Cheers. 20191121_134745.jpg

I've got the B&M short throw and precision shifter in my 2008 JK mated to a Centerforce clutch set. It's night and day difference. The tractor like wobble in the shifter is gone, and the gates are much smaller. Honestly my favorite upgrade to date. You'll love it.

Wish I had know about the B&M, when I put my ACT clutch in. Was on You tube, it looks like the trans has to be dropped again to install it. That donut thingy has to pulled and reshaped.

So when I installed mine, I took my center console out and took the foam donut thing out that way. It took about 4 hours, but it works flawlessly. I will say, It would be a lot easier with the transmission dropped (installed mine after replacing the clutch too lol) but it isn't impossible. Good luck with it!

Reactions: mrjp
If I cut the donut out from the top and leave it out, Other than noise and the mice trying to get in, would it effect anything else? I remember trying to pull the shifter Knob off, (before watching You Tube) almost got a black eye. LOL

If I cut the donut out from the top and leave it out, Other than noise and the mice trying to get in, would it effect anything else? I remember trying to pull the shifter Knob off, (before watching You Tube) almost got a black eye. LOL
Nothing on my end- you should be able to replace and modify once the new shifter is in.

Reactions: mrjp