Auto climate control

UsMcSteve

How hard would it be to swap out the auto climate control for standard? I have had the cabin sensor replaced and it is either hot or just blowing cold air. I do not keep the settings on auto. 2014 jku. Any thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated.

When you say "standard" as oppose to auto climate control, what do you mean? Was there another option on JKs I'm not familiar with?

Yes. Mine has the auto climate control that has an in-cabin sensor for heat and a sun sensor for ac. Then there is also the regular manual climate control that mine did not come with. I do not keep mine on automatic. The heat only blows hot air on highest setting.

Well, technically anything is possible, so while this would be possible, it would be a son-of-a-bitch to do, I'm sure.

You'd need the blend box, all the cables, the control unit, and likely many, many other pieces from behind the dash on a manual HVAC equipped model. I'm not exactly sure of what all you'd need, but if you're dead serious about it, the way to go about it IMHO would be to buy a totaled base-model Wrangler from CoPart and then you'd have the donor vehicle, which always makes swaps like this much, much easier.