Anything else I need with a 2" lift?

HughGrection

I recently bought a 2 inch lift with aftermarket shocks. I've heard a lot about how lifting a jeep could need a lot of other aftermarket stuff to support that new lift but that only applied to higher lifts (3+). If I get the lift and shocks installed would there be anything else I need with it? I'm running 33s right now too.

At 2" of lift you're absolutely fine, nothing to worry about whatsoever. 3.5" is where you need to start adding geometry correction brackets and exhaust spacers. Anything higher than that, then you need to worry about a host of other issues such as driveshafts, etc.

That being said, 2" is ideal as it's very unobtrusive.

Which lift kit did you buy? If it's a "kit" it should come with everything you need.

Reactions: Mikester86
At 2" of lift you're absolutely fine, nothing to worry about whatsoever. 3.5" is where you need to start adding geometry correction brackets and exhaust spacers. Anything higher than that, then you need to worry about a host of other issues such as driveshafts, etc.

That being said, 2" is ideal as it's very unobtrusive.

Which lift kit did you buy? If it's a "kit" it should come with everything you need.
I got the SkyJacker 2 inch Value Suspension lift with Shocks included. I don't know what brand the shocks are though, it doesn't say on the site.

I got the SkyJacker 2 inch Value Suspension lift with Shocks included. I don't know what brand the shocks are though, it doesn't say on the site.

They are Skyjacker shocks. I don't know who makes them for them, but they are branded as Skyjacker.

I have a 2” lift, I added sliders and grab handles to make it easier to get in and out of Jeep