Anyone use polyfill for dash speakers?

Teajay

So I bought some upgrade speakers for sound bar and dash. I saw in the video for the sound bar to use sound skin and poly fill to seal the sound bar better. Anyone do the same with the dash speakers? I’ve seen a few videos throw some polyfill in them but not sound skin. Thanks again.

I used polyfill on both the front and sound bar speakers on my old TJ, and it made a positive and noticeable difference. Just wish the JK's front speakers were as easy to access as the TJ's are! :)

I used polyfill on both the front and sound bar speakers on my old TJ, and it made a positive and noticeable difference. Just wish the JK's front speakers were as easy to access as the TJ's are! :)
I hear you there! I put my roll bar ones in but have been procrastinating on the dash ones because I know it’s going to be annoying 🙄.

Reactions: Mikester86
My JKU came with aftermarket Polk replacements which are better than OEM but not my taste, it did have Dynamat in both the dash and soundbar locations. I replaced them with with pioneer higher wattage ones for future amp install. I did put polyfil on the dash ones without trying before and after because they were not as easy to change out. (Not too bad though with the right tools)
I did try the overhead ones with only the Dynamat then removed them and added the polyfil one side at a time. I did notice the difference, I can raise the volume with the bass, mid and trebel all the way up about 3/4 before I hear any distortion vs about 1/2 without it so I would recommend using the Polyfil for anyone doing this. I was lucky to have Dynamat already on them, but I would recommend using this or similar adhesive liner to anyone replacing them. It took about 1 hour start to finish full replacement with the help of my 16 year old daughter.

Reactions: Chris