Anyone have any experience with Firestone Destination XT all terrain or Kuhmo A/T tires?

Chino Willys

Anyone have any experience with Firestone Destination Xt all terrain or Kuhmo All terrain tires? I noticed the new Rubicon 2 Dr comes with all Terrain tires? I want to take off the BFG M/T on my Willys Wheeler 2 Dr

I cannot find where this thread went any further; maybe because I'm new and don't fully understand how these threads work. Anyway, when it comes to tires, it seems everyone has an opinion and reasons why one is "better" than another, which is great. After doing what research I can, I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a set 5 Firestone Destination XT's (35x12.5x18-same size as what's on it). Would have probably opted for the Falken Wildpeaks but they're hard to come by and much more expensive than the XT's. In fact, with the upcoming sale FS is having on these, it's hard to find anything priced close to them. They also have a 90-day trial period for full refund. So back to the original question; does anyone have any experience (good and/or bad) on these?? FYI, I do mainly road driving but if/when an opportunity arises, I don't want the JEEP's capabilities limited by the tires. Thx for any input.

Just put new "shoes" on her! Firestone Destination XT's (35x12.5x18). Took her out today for long spin and very smooth and quiet. We'll see how they hold up.

20210910_124126.jpg

20210910_124037.jpg

I'm about to change the stock tires out on my first jeep after 80k miles. I'm looking to go all black and increase the tire size.
With those tires, did you need to add a lift? If yes, how many inches?

I put a set of 35x12.5x18 BFG TA KO2s on a week ago today and could not be happier. My previous set were the same size Toyo Open Country MTs and the difference is night and day. My JKU didn't ride this well when I bought it. I can actually hear my engine now.
With those tires, did you need to add a lift? If yes, how many inches?
I believe the Rubi come lifted from the factory, so you won't need any more lift for a set of 35s. For reference, this is my Sahara with a 2.5" lift with the Toyo 35s on it (think I need a few new pics).....

Jeep 4.jpg

Reactions: mrjp and Lxxtsy
My 2011 Sport came with 35x12.5x18's already on it so went back with the same size in the Firestone Destination XT's. Very nice riding and much quieter (she purrs rather than rumbles!!). From what I've been told by those more knowledgeable than me, it has a 1.5" or 2" leveling kit on front & back and NO wheel spacers.

I have Kumho Road Venture AT51 on my jeep because they were $104 each when I needed tires. Realistically, they are plenty good enough for my use.

Compared to the Firestone, I would consider Kumho as AT lite. But they tell you that right in the name.

Don