Alpine KAC-001 Accessory/Light Controller?

splatter96

Supporting Member
My wife and I just purchased a 2017 JK 2-door Rubicon. While my usual mentality is "built, not bought" and I normally like to buy a base model and add all the accessories myself to make it more personal, the previous owner installed some great upgrades including the Alpine iLX-207 WRA stereo (I wouldn't have paid that much, but, hey, it came with the Jeep!)

I see that Alpine makes an accessory controller, the KAC-001, that allows the stereo's touch screen to control anything that can be turned on/off with a relay, and the icons and names can be customized. It seems a little pricey at $200, plus additional cost for the actual relay/fuse box, but it might be a benefit to not have to add an overhead or A-pillar mount switch pod, which can run up to $100 or more anyway.

Has anyone used one of these?

Any recommendations on hard-wired switch pods as an option? I see it's pretty evenly divided between folks who like the overhead switches above the rear-view mirror and those who prefer the A-pillar switches.

I have no experience with the alpine controller, sorry. I think I like the idea of centralized controls but, also like the ease of accessing my switches without manipulating a touch screen.

With that said, I just installed the S-Tech 6 switch panel and really like it. It is fused and has relays as you mentioned and once installed makes adding accessories a breeze. Running individual components inside the cab is just a pain….good luck with whatever you choose.

https://stechswitch.com/

I have no experience with the alpine controller, sorry. I think I like the idea of centralized controls but, also like the ease of accessing my switches without manipulating a touch screen.

With that said, I just installed the S-Tech 6 switch panel and really like it. It is fused and has relays as you mentioned and once installed makes adding accessories a breeze. Running individual components inside the cab is just a pain….good luck with whatever you choose.

https://stechswitch.com/
Nice! The S-Tech systems look really convenient, although a little pricey. But considering that almost all the work is already done, it's not really that expensive. They're going in my list of options. FYI, I miss East Tennessee. I installed an attraction at Dollywood last century, and it was a blast. Beautiful country, beautiful people. Even got a hug from Dolly!

Reactions: 1o1Proof