Airbag light and faulty clockspring

tracyclifton

2011 JKU Rubicon. 3 days ago my airbag light started coming on. I checked the codes with JScan today. Turns out it is the clockspring. Did a little research and found that Jeep extended the warranty til 15 years and unlimited mileage. It is going in next Thursday for the repair. Just wanted to let this be known in case anyone else is having problems.

Reactions: Chris and mavric11
2011 JKU Rubicon. 3 days ago my airbag light started coming on. I checked the codes with JScan today. Turns out it is the clockspring. Did a little research and found that Jeep extended the warranty til 15 years and unlimited mileage. It is going in next Thursday for the repair. Just wanted to let this be known in case anyone else is having problems.

Be sure to let us know how the warranty goes.

Hi, I'm new.
My 07 JK went in for that recall about 2 weeks ago. The part is on indefinite back order, hope you have better luck than I did. I put in a crown automotive one in the mean time to shut the light and chime up.

Dealership confirmed the clockspring is bad. They are fixing it for free under the extended warranty. However, part is on backorder just like you guys predicted. I picked it up and they said they will call if they get the part.

Update!!! After 6 weeks it is finally at the dealer for the new clock spring. I dropped it off this afternoon. It took about 5 weeks to get the part and 1 week to get the Jeep in the shop. Hopefully it will be all fixed up by tomorrow afternoon.

Had my clock spring, airbag recall done over 7 years ago, still have not done the passenger side airbag yet. Because (and they have known me for 18yrs) will not let me trade in my BRZ, and test drive a Hellcat.
download.jpg