Adding a break-away system for towing behind a motorhome

Dean

I have added an M&G brake system to my 2012 JK. I also added a break-away system. The problem is Jeep says to disconnect the negative cable from the battery but the break-away system requires battery power. Towing with the battery connected causes the odometer to rack up miles. Is there a way to disconnect the Jeep electronics while still leaving the battery connected? General Motors products require the removal of one or two fuses to accomplish this.

I have added an M&G brake system to my 2012 JK. I also added a break-away system. The problem is Jeep says to disconnect the negative cable from the battery but the break-away system requires battery power. Towing with the battery connected causes the odometer to rack up miles. Is there a way to disconnect the Jeep electronics while still leaving the battery connected? General Motors products require the removal of one or two fuses to accomplish this.

You could get a 12v battery and carry it just to power up the brake-away unit. Something like this it's rechargeable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FAQM3CM/?tag=jkforum-20