ABS, BAS, ESP, Traction Control and Brake Lights

Sahara_1

I was was breaking while on a curved off ramp and it felt as if something under the jeep (2009 Sahara Unlimited) made a noise. When I got onto a strait away, my ABS, Traction Control, BAS/ESP and Brake lights on my console lit up.

If I turn the jeep off and on again, all the lights go out.....but as soon as I begin to drive and get up to about 20mph, they all come on and stay on. The Jeep appears to drive just fine, but I'm at a complete loss on why it happened and what's the fix.

I already read the post from someone that had a similar issue. Just not sure why one moment everything is going great and the next moment....christmas lights!

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Are you the original owner? I received a letter about possible front brake hoses and wheel speed sensor problems 2007-2010 model years. If there is a problem warranty is extended 15yrs, unlimited miles. Could be Intermittent electrical problem? Good Luck.

Reactions: Sahara_1
I am in Canada, but I think all the JKs were made in Toledo Ohio. Take your Vin# to the dealership, they should have all the TSBs and recall notices for your craft. Wheel speed sensors are part of the ABS, and Trac Control. My Trac control can only be partially disabled ( meaning no real donuts in the snow, just half wit ones). Now where did my wife file that letter?? Curses.

I am in Canada, but I think all the JKs were made in Toledo Ohio. Take your Vin# to the dealership, they should have all the TSBs and recall notices for your craft. Wheel speed sensors are part of the ABS, and Trac Control. My Trac control can only be partially disabled ( meaning no real donuts in the snow, just half wit ones). Now where did my wife file that letter?? Curses.
Sure, blame it on the wife.... lol, jk

1600885389058.png

I wished I would have know about the recall on the front brake hoses, just replaced both of them in the last 6 months. Both started leaking at the crimp, but the Dealer probably would have had it for 2-3 days while I fixed it in less then a hr each.

I wished I would have know about the recall on the front brake hoses, just replaced both of them in the last 6 months. Both started leaking at the crimp, but the Dealer probably would have had it for 2-3 days while I fixed it in less then a hr each.
Just had that happen 2 weeks ago. Front drivers side .

A somewhat quick update on my previous posts about my ABS, Traction Control, Brake, and other lights coming on.

After buying new speed sensors for all four wheels, the tools I needed to do the job, I finally broke down and also bought a OBD2 Code Reader (probably should have done this first). I got a code of 2200 which is the "ABS Module Internal". Basically telling me there's an issue with the ABS Module and the fix is to get it replaced.

My local Jeep dealer quoted me $475 (not counting on labor), and also not counting for them to do a flashing of it to match it to my jeep, which is another $100 (minimum).

If anyone has this issue...DO NOT TAKE IT TO THE DEALER! Get the part you need from online (but make sure it's a MOPAR part). I found the part on rockauto.com and with tax and shipping, the part cost $296 and some change. This isn't a part you want to go with an aftermarket part, mainly because of the flashing that has to be done. There are many DIY videos on YouTube and you can save yourself a ton of labor costs. There is no getting around the flashing, (according to every video I watched) so that's just a cost you're gonna have to suck up and pay.

Thanks to those who replied with their input on what the issue could be.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLACKJKU
Glad to here. I had assumed you already had a OBD2, and had checked for codes. The new readers have a lot more functions, and the prices have dropped since my first one 20yrs ago. My oldest vehicle is a 1996, the year the 2 came out. Worth the investment.