A/C pressure sensor location on 2015 JK?

NineLives

Hello I'm having problems troubleshooting an issue. Actually 2 issues, but seem connected to each other.

My current problem sidelining me from driving is that I've blown 2 radiator/cooling fans in less than 2 weeks. I bought this Jeep not even a year ago and don't know how old the fan was prior to it going out 2 weeks ago.

After some general electrical troubleshooting we determined a new fan was in order. The new fan worked 9 days before going out this past weekend.

Background: I changed out MAP and IAT sensors the day it went out 2 weeks ago. I had my battery disconnected because I wanted to clean some of my connections with electronics spray cleaner. I put everything back together, did an ECM reset through the ignition key functions since the battery was out earlier. I drove about 15 miles in stop and go traffic with a/c on and saw my temp gage was very high, EVIC showed 240F. I pulled over when I could at a parts store and when I shut off the engine, a loud burst of compressed air blew from underneath drivers seat and refrigerant was all over my suspension and cat and dripping on the ground. As I stated above, after some general troubleshooting we just replaced the fan the next day and everything seemed fine. But I've since blown the new one.

Back to current time: tried to do another electrical diagnostic just for the fan....not looking at a/c stuff. Cannot find where something might be shorting out the fan.

I titled this thread "a/c pressure sensor" because I read somewhere that this could be the reason the fan does or doesn't kick on. I'm not entirely sure the fan is actually blown, but it does not come on. We can't get it to come on manually after jumpering a wire. It doesn't run with a/c on and its definitely not coming on when coolant temp requires it to.

I'm also leaning toward a TIPM issue even though I don't have typical problems associated with that failure. I do have a high idle and a vacuum leak codes I've been chasing for weeks. Which is why I was changing some sensors out a couple weeks ago. Oh and the coolant temp sensor is good.

It's at a dealership right now and surprise surprise, after 8hrs they "can't find the problem".

This my daily driver AND work vehicle. I'm self employed. No vehicle, no work. And I've given away work every day since Saturday. :(

Not sure where the a/c pressure sensor is located on my vehicle.

Hello I'm having problems troubleshooting an issue. Actually 2 issues, but seem connected to each other.

My current problem sidelining me from driving is that I've blown 2 radiator/cooling fans in less than 2 weeks. I bought this Jeep not even a year ago and don't know how old the fan was prior to it going out 2 weeks ago.

After some general electrical troubleshooting we determined a new fan was in order. The new fan worked 9 days before going out this past weekend.

Background: I changed out MAP and IAT sensors the day it went out 2 weeks ago. I had my battery disconnected because I wanted to clean some of my connections with electronics spray cleaner. I put everything back together, did an ECM reset through the ignition key functions since the battery was out earlier. I drove about 15 miles in stop and go traffic with a/c on and saw my temp gage was very high, EVIC showed 240F. I pulled over when I could at a parts store and when I shut off the engine, a loud burst of compressed air blew from underneath drivers seat and refrigerant was all over my suspension and cat and dripping on the ground. As I stated above, after some general troubleshooting we just replaced the fan the next day and everything seemed fine. But I've since blown the new one.

Back to current time: tried to do another electrical diagnostic just for the fan....not looking at a/c stuff. Cannot find where something might be shorting out the fan.

I titled this thread "a/c pressure sensor" because I read somewhere that this could be the reason the fan does or doesn't kick on. I'm not entirely sure the fan is actually blown, but it does not come on. We can't get it to come on manually after jumpering a wire. It doesn't run with a/c on and its definitely not coming on when coolant temp requires it to.

I'm also leaning toward a TIPM issue even though I don't have typical problems associated with that failure. I do have a high idle and a vacuum leak codes I've been chasing for weeks. Which is why I was changing some sensors out a couple weeks ago. Oh and the coolant temp sensor is good.

It's at a dealership right now and surprise surprise, after 8hrs they "can't find the problem".

This my daily driver AND work vehicle. I'm self employed. No vehicle, no work. And I've given away work every day since Saturday. :(

Not sure where the a/c pressure sensor is located on my vehicle.
Pretty busy for a couple days and haven't had a chance to do any reading or research- have you found anything to report?

I switched out the fan I just installed 2wks ago and the new one never kicked on. I have ordered a rebuilt TIPM from Mac's and should arrive this coming week.

I don't know that it's my TIPM, but I've had some typical random issues come up over the last several months that I never thought to try to resolve or research until this came up.

I still would like to know where (if there is one?) the ac pressure sensor(s) is/are.

If your AC is working, the pressure sensor is working. And I don't know how this would effect the fan.
a loud burst of compressed air blew from underneath drivers seat and refrigerant was all over my suspension and cat and dripping on the ground.
This is the key to everything you've got going on. Can you pinpoint where the coolant was expelled from?
The rad cap.
The overflow collector.
The bottom of the rad.
The T-stat housing.
Given the coolant was all over the front suspension, I have to think it came from the front end of the engine bay.

My first instinct is a bad-t-stat. It's not opening when it's supposed to.

If your AC is working, the pressure sensor is working. And I don't know how this would effect the fan.

This is the key to everything you've got going on. Can you pinpoint where the coolant was expelled from?
The rad cap.
The overflow collector.
The bottom of the rad.
The T-stat housing.
Given the coolant was all over the front suspension, I have to think it came from the front end of the engine bay.

My first instinct is a bad-t-stat. It's not opening when it's supposed to.
It wasn't coolant. It was refrigerant that blew out. I don't know where it blew from.

I'm wondering if ac pressure has anything to do with fan operation? I have read something in another forum that listed that as something to check when trying to diagnose why fan won't turn on.

I know I don't have enough refrigerant since some blew out. And because I didn't know what happened or why, I've done it 3x where fluid blew out.

This last time the fan wouldn't work (this would be last Saturday), it WAS working all day. I flipped my defrost on at the end of the day during a 1hr trip back home. During that 1hr trip, the fan quit working and I red-lined.

My ac blows *kinda* cold air. But my cooling fan does not come on at all when you flip ac on.