37x13.5 on 3.73s temporary

Dammit-Jim

Hey all, I am buying some 37s for my 2013 JK. It currently has 3.73 gears, and I have ordered the new 4.88s, but it may be 2-3 weeks until I get the diffs swapped. My current tires are unsafe, so I'd like to go ahead and get the new ones on.
I was told the jeep may go into limp mode with the poor rpm/speed difference.
Does anyone have experience with if this is true?
Do I risk any damage?

TIA

Yes if you have a auto trans it could go into Limp, but won't if you recalibrate your speedometer for the tires.

Then after you get it regeared you'll have to recalibrate the speedometer again for the gear change.

Last edited:
Hey all, I am buying some 37s for my 2013 JK. It currently has 3.73 gears, and I have ordered the new 4.88s, but it may be 2-3 weeks until I get the diffs swapped. My current tires are unsafe, so I'd like to go ahead and get the new ones on.
I was told the jeep may go into limp mode with the poor rpm/speed difference.
Does anyone have experience with if this is true?
Do I risk any damage?

TIA
I'm currently on 37's, 3.73's with automatic transmission. I had to use Jscan to recalibrate my speedometer to help with the shift points. Mine threw a check engine light before I changed my settings. I didn't let it go into limp mode. When you go to change your tire size in Jscan, you have to enter the physical size of the tires and not just 37" tires.

I'm currently on 37's, 3.73's with automatic transmission. I had to use Jscan to recalibrate my speedometer to help with the shift points. Mine threw a check engine light before I changed my settings. I didn't let it go into limp mode. When you go to change your tire size in Jscan, you have to enter the physical size of the tires and not just 37" tires.
Thanks.. ! I knew I would need it, so went ahead and ordered a flashcal

Reactions: JeepJeezy