37 inch tires and axle shafts

Reactions: run2jeepn
Mahindra have the original rights WWll era before Chrysler got the name. FCA is just worried they will sell like peanuts here in the US of A
Really ?
AMC bought willys, and chrysler bought AMC and the jeep patents ?

If you are correct in this, would that mean ford could re-introduce the GPW ??

D6B0D853-8CDB-4F79-B116-263CA5919A7D.jpeg

7 bars (slots), is one of ours, any more or less, makes it not a jeep

Really ?
AMC bought willys, and chrysler bought AMC and the jeep patents ?

If you are correct in this, would that mean ford could re-introduce the GPW ??
Yes, yes, and yes!
I would rather get back to the AMC building our jeeps rather than FCA.

Yes, yes, and yes!
I would rather get back to the AMC building our jeeps rather than FCA.

i have a few AMC jeeps, and they are killers off road.... but we see -40F for a long enough bit of winter here, that I have come to appreciate them more in the other 3 seasons....
The new ones get the winter use

Your guys are all too much lol! I have a fully built LJ on 37’s with a “real” d44 up front with chromo axles, 5.13’s, detroit, psc and it will take all the abuse that can be thrown at it!

I was trying to find out about the strength in the “hybrid” stock JKUR d44 on 37’s ...... its not a real 44 but I know stronger than the TJ Rubi 44 which is why I was asking.

a 30/35 combo locked with axles will handle 35’s with some abuse and 37’s with finess - i know what axles are capable of, just not JK 44’s.

Your guys are all too much lol! I have a fully built LJ on 37’s with a “real” d44 up front with chromo axles, 5.13’s, detroit, psc and it will take all the abuse that can be thrown at it!

I was trying to find out about the strength in the “hybrid” stock JKUR d44 on 37’s ...... its not a real 44 but I know stronger than the TJ Rubi 44 which is why I was asking.

a 30/35 combo locked with axles will handle 35’s with some abuse and 37’s with finess - i know what axles are capable of, just not JK 44’s.

sounds like you know the answer to your question already.
but thanks for asking just the same

sounds like you know the answer to your question already.
but thanks for asking just the same

Not one bit, I have heard the JK axles are quite strong and would like to know if the stock axles will hold up - just as asked. Or are shafts required / trusses required like on the TJ/LJ hybrid 44’s.

I’m not sure, honestly.
Im regearing mine from 321 to 410 for 35s, locking it up and installing Yukon chromoly shafts to avoid potential future problems.... do I need to swap axles too? No idea, but for the $500, peace of mind CAN be bought.
Ive never trussed an axle housing, cause believe in using only enough power, and the right gears, to get where you need to go. Never bent one yet.

I’m not trying to Say I’m right/wrong. Just relaying my experience.

It sounds like you have a d30 in a non-rubicon maybe? The Rubicon axles are different Front and Rear and and have 4.10’s stock.