3 notification lights on dash suddenly

Topless in Miami

Good afternoon all,

Hope you can shed some light on this issue.

I bought My 2012 Wrangler with 107k miles last year...No Problems.
Suddenly for the past 2 months, 3 notification lights of the Brake, ABS and traction came on and while I drive.
I checked my battery at the auto zone and was told it was good.
I took it to the shop and was told it was an easy fix. Jeeps this age tend for this to happen.
The mechanic said I needed a new battery and Charged me $350 to fix.
The notification lights went away.
3 days later, They are back on again.
ANY IDEAS I would appreciate you sharing.

IMG_5361.jpg

In short, the OEM clamps are stamped, folded over, sheet metal.
They only grip the battery post along the thin lines where the sheet metal contacts the posts.
In addition, the clamping mechanism is that cone washer which is supposed to tighten the clamp when the nut is tightened down.
More times than not, it will cause the fingers on the metal plate to actually bend rather than increase the grip on the post.

It's a TERRIBLE design that probably only saved Jeep about $1 per vehicle, but has caused all kinds of failures and owner expense on the road.

I'm not a mechanic, and I may be 100% wrong, but I saw a video on YouTube yesterday that talked about the same lights coming on together. It was on a JK like ours, and the video was food for thought. The mechanic said those lights come on when the wheel bearing is shot and should be replaced immediately. He drove the point home with a video of a pickup whose left front wheel bearing failed at highway speeds. The whole wheel came off and hit a compact in the next lane causing it to crash and roll over. The wheel bearing and sensor are replaced in the same assembly and the parts cost about $200. Look it up under JK wheel bearing replacement and see what you think. Its spooky that it was the same 3 lights and had nothing to do with the battery. I hope this helps. To check the bearings he jacked up the front end and shook the tires to see if it had excessive play and made a grinding noise. It was easy to tell which wheel was the culprit. It's worth looking into, anyone have thoughts on the matter?

I'm not a mechanic, and I may be 100% wrong, but I saw a video on YouTube yesterday that talked about the same lights coming on together. It was on a JK like ours, and the video was food for thought. The mechanic said those lights come on when the wheel bearing is shot and should be replaced immediately. He drove the point home with a video of a pickup whose left front wheel bearing failed at highway speeds. The whole wheel came off and hit a compact in the next lane causing it to crash and roll over. The wheel bearing and sensor are replaced in the same assembly and the parts cost about $200. Look it up under JK wheel bearing replacement and see what you think. Its spooky that it was the same 3 lights and had nothing to do with the battery. I hope this helps. To check the bearings he jacked up the front end and shook the tires to see if it had excessive play and made a grinding noise. It was easy to tell which wheel was the culprit. It's worth looking into, anyone have thoughts on the matter?

Yes the wheel bearings can set that off also but with only 107,000 miles I didn't think they would be bad yet.

There's a fairly easy check the bearings. You lift the vehicle and check for play. Here's an example of the check on YT:
. The video shows the play you are looking for and an example of a bad one found in the check. The front wheels steer the vehicle, so you want to test them in a way the excludes any play in the steering, not that much play in the steering is a good thing either.