2018 JK Rear Seat Removal

pkline1

2018 JK rear seat removal: Anybody else have a problem removing the back seat. I pull the latch lever to lower the back seat and lay the back on the bottom seat, but the rear clamps under the seat do not release. I’ve tried pulling the cables on the sides of the back seat still with no success on have the clamps on the D rods to release. I did take the seat out 1 year ago, but now the clamps don’t seem to be releasing. If I shake the back seat, I do get a little play between the clamps and the D rings. Any ideas? I will take to the dealership if I can’t resolve in a month or so. Thx for any help! Blessings! Love the Jeep!

2018 JK rear seat removal: Anybody else have a problem removing the back seat. I pull the latch lever to lower the back seat and lay the back on the bottom seat, but the rear clamps under the seat do not release. I’ve tried pulling the cables on the sides of the back seat still with no success on have the clamps on the D rods to release. I did take the seat out 1 year ago, but now the clamps don’t seem to be releasing. If I shake the back seat, I do get a little play between the clamps and the D rings. Any ideas? I will take to the dealership if I can’t resolve in a month or so. Thx for any help! Blessings! Love th

Someone a long time ago had a problem similar and they found out the latches or hinges needed some lube.
Success! Using your input, a friend stated the dealer would probably use a pry bar, and a 2nd friend showing me where the front clamps were, I used a pry bar near the back clamps and with a ~20 lb pry, the back clamps of the rear seat released!!! Thx for your help! Blessings!