2016 JK Error code cylinder 2

rodss67

I know this has been beat to death but before I go any further I want some opinions. My 2016 75 anniversary model has a problem. I filled it up with gas at a minute market about 4 months ago and the check engine light came on and coded as a misfire on cylinder 2. I put a bottle of Techtron in it and it went out and did not come back on till I filled it up at the same station. Repeated Techtron treatment and it went out. Never came back on afterwards because I only ran Chevron, Mobile and Shell. On a trip I had to run discount gas as I was out in rural areas that did not
name brand fuel and the light returned. Techtron turned it off but had to use discount fuel a few more times and now it will not go out and is throwing the cylinder 2 code. Jeep runs well but at idle there is very minimal ruffness. Jeep has 90k on it. Does this sound like an injector or the head problem I have read about.
Thanks!

do a cylinder leak down test & compression test. Leak down will show if it's the head, compression will let you see if it's balanced with the other cylinders. A good scanner will show fuel trims along with misfires. Of course, check plugs electrical while testing. Good luck.

Reactions: rodss67
Finally got back on the Jeep. I got the parts on order an will let you know the outcome. I did call Jeep Chrysler this week and they said my particular Jeep does not show having the bad head on it so it would be not covered. When I was tearing it down tonight the red lock tab on the wiring plug shot out and I can't find it. What are my options? Thanks!

I was finishing up and I can't find nothing to wrap the zip tire around. I have been known to have dumb spells and been having more lately.
Any ideas?