2016 Jeep Wrangler ball joints

Pete

Good morning, I have a 2016 Rubicon at 60,000 I put two new ball joints on it factory warranty at 85,000 new cam new lifters a few other things. Now here I am at 105,000 I’ve just put new ball joints on it and a new drag link first drive away from the dealership after the repairs and I still have a death wobble. Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this??

DW can come from pretty much any of the front steering components, or even out of balance tires.

First thing for us is to figure out if it is actually Death Wobble and not just wobble. With death wobble it will start at a certain speed, 40-45 is popular, but 55-60 or any other specific range seems to be possible. If it is just constant as you drive, perhaps getting worse as you speed up, that is not death wobble.

If you hit this speed and perhaps a small bump and then have to come to a complete stop before you can continue on after changing your underwear, that's death wobble.

Also give us a bit more about the jeep. Sounds like based on the factory warranty comment that it is probably stock, but let us know any mods that have been added, mostly to the suspension, but also tire size, or heavier than stock bumpers, etc.

Reactions: Vegvisir
Some pictures of the drag link / track bar would also be helpful, do you wheel it? have the shocks and steering dampener been replaced?