2015 Wrangler 2D Rust Opinion

soundeditor76

Just wanted to get some opinions on this rust on my 2015 Wrangler, local Jeep dealer checked reports surface rust. Should I take to local body shop for rust repairs? (I could do it myself, but I'm too busy right now).
IMG_3547.jpg
IMG_3548.jpg
IMG_3549.jpg
IMG_3553.jpg
IMG_3554.jpg

Like he said that's just light surface rust that doesn't need any quick attention. Besides you'll probably be shocked to hear what a Body shop would want to clean that up.

Reactions: mrjp
You could get under there and brush it up and slather some naval jelly, or rust cleaner, all over it and rinse it off, followed by some rustoleum spray paint just to slow the progress, but that's your call.

1627919885253.png

Reactions: JerryD and mrjp
As all have indicated, it's surface rust.

I need to start prepping for the fall. I'll be applying Rustoleum rust dissolver (an acid based treatment, similar to the Loctite shown above) to remove the surface rust, then coating it with Fluid Film or other lanolin based protectant. Painting, in my opinion (depending where you live) is not going to protect as well in snow or salted conditions as FF or CRC corrosion inhibitor, etc.

Search for videos on YouTube of either mentioned products and you'll see the positive reviews.

Reactions: JerryD