2015 JKU steering upgrade with drag link flip (aka high steer)

jsuchar15

I'm looking to do steering upgrade on my 15 JKU sport. I've watched countless videos and talked to a bunch of people. I have so man different opinions on what I should do I don't know what direction to go. I have a 3.5" rough country lift with 35s. I think I want to do the high steer drag link flip for clearance since I mostly go out rock crawling or should I just go with the hd drag link in normal position? ive seen kits that the knuckle gets drilled and adptor gose in to make the taper fit on the top of the knuckle. I have also seen kits that come with a new knuckle, and even one that no drilling required. im not worried about the drilling of the knuckle or being able to go back to stock. my concern is that some people ive talk to say I need a track bar relocation bracket. I believe the lift kit I installed came with a front and rear track bar relocation brackets. do I need to get a different one or is that one ok? also should I run the drop pitman arm or stock one? also what brands do you recommend for the components? id like to stay in the 5 to 800 range if possible but if not that's fine. I just want to make sure im getting something that is gunna hold up to heavy crawling and wheeling out here in the desert. I encounter a lot of boulder and technical obstacles. also dose the tie rod bar get flipped as well? I'm not getting any bump steer or wondering just want to upgrade to hd steering components. any if anyone has done this to their JKU any tips would be much appreciated.

At 3.5" you do not want to flip the drag link, and it won't be advantageous when rock crawling unless you raise up the tie rod as well.

Reactions: jkgene08
So I should get there of those adaptors?

If I were going to do anything I would go with one of these guys steering systems personally: https://doetschoffroad.com/t/steering

I would do that, but my AEV 3.5" came with the high steer, and since it works just fine, I'm not looking to solve a problem that doesn't exist (at least for me). But again, I think that Doetsch setup is this shit and would do that over adaptors.

thanks. will this one work with my rough country kit? some guys have told me I need to keep wit rough country because that the lift kit I have. unless I change the track bar relocation braket. and I maen the collors that are drilled for the drag link. would i use the same one for the tie rod to flip too?