2014 Jeep Wrangler cranks but won't start

Crazyjoker69

I have 14 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon 3.6l. Unit was driving fine no issues all day, at the end of the day I park unit left it in idle for a few minutes shuts off and won't start. After a few attempts I got it running but the only way it will start up is if I hold fuel pedal to the floor. Starts up rough idle and if I let go the fuel pedal it shuts off and won't again

Oh wow! How did you go about finding that out?

When you say a dead cylinder 2, do you mean no compression?
Right, no compression on cylinder 2. I inserted an inspection camara through spark plug hole seem like the piston cracked, other piston
got hit by the valves

Right, no compression on cylinder 2. I inserted an inspection camara through spark plug hole seem like the piston cracked, other piston
got hit by the valves

Damn. The valves hit the piston? So either your timing chain broke or you dropped a valve.

That's not going to be a cheap fix, I'm sorry to hear about that.

Damn. The valves hit the piston? So either your timing chain broke or you dropped a valve.

That's not going to be a cheap fix, I'm sorry to hear about that.

Timing chain are fine, timing seem fine. I have half the engine apart. Seem there an intake and exhaust valve bent. I'm just waiting for a break from work so I can finish taking it apart and see the real damage

• Wow
Reactions: Chris