2013 JK: Replaced corroded drag link, now traction control light coming on

J.Smith

First time poster here so apologies if i fudge this up a bit but here goes: Inspection at end of month required a bearing job. Then after inspection that day I took my 2013 JK to the tire shop to have my winters snows put on, balance done and alignment. Tire shop sez adjuster sleeve corroded and frozen (insert self kick here for not oil coat last winter) so alignment can't be done. Took back to have sleeve unfrozen and replaced and also oil undercoat done. Drive jeep out of shop and within a mile the traction control warning light flashes and strange grating sound at front end. Tried letting it sit for a while, tried reset light nada. Keeps coming on and making strange noise. Mechanic is stumped. Any ideas on direction here appreciated.

Well, the mechanic should be fixing it, and the fact that they are stumped tells me that they aren't a very good mechanic.

The grinding you hear is likely due to a bad bearing install. It will need to be taken apart and inspected. I suspect that also has something to do with why the traction control light is coming on as well.

Another reason for the traction control light coming on however can be that it's not aligned perfectly.