2012 JKUR

theRealCrazy

JK Enthusiast
I'm not going to do like I did on my TJ, I'm going to try and keep it as stock as possible as long as it performs on the trails I'm taking.
However after I got it, did a full fluids flush.

20200212_142818.jpg

Wired a rear camera on the 430N and used Jscan to allow it.

20200217_124838.jpg

20200217_130044.jpg

20200217_162039.jpg

Also installed a dashcam rear view mirror and used the extra rear cam to make it a trail cam.

20200222_133601.jpg

20200222_133543.jpg

20200222_125303.jpg

All set!

20200223_163223.jpg

Just needs a winch next!

20200209_180724.jpg

And the older sister :)

20200119_132645-02.jpeg

20200222_133601.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Is that a camera mounted on the front? Where do you have that wired up to? I assume it's for off-roading?

Is that a camera mounted on the front? Where do you have that wired up to? I assume it's for off-roading?
Yes I use it when there is no visibility, I can see rocks heights better.
I fished the cable through the side of the radiator then through the firewall driver side, pops up behind the plastic trim left side of the steering wheel, through the left pillar and up to the mirror. Really clean install for a all in cost of $60 !

I doubt you can keep it stock bec you are the real crazy in LA.
Your TJ is much better IMO. The JK has one too many doors :)

Yes I use it when there is no visibility, I can see rocks heights better.
I fished the cable through the side of the radiator then through the firewall driver side, pops up behind the plastic trim left side of the steering wheel, through the left pillar and up to the mirror. Really clean install for a all in cost of $60 !

Great idea! Do you have it displaying the footage only your tablet setup, or the infotainment screen / head unit?

I like this idea as I've long thought that a front camera (and maybe even side cameras) would be great for when you don't want to have to keep getting out of the vehicle, but also don't have a spotter with you.

Great idea! Do you have it displaying the footage only your tablet setup, or the infotainment screen / head unit?

I like this idea as I've long thought that a front camera (and maybe even side cameras) would be great for when you don't want to have to keep getting out of the vehicle, but also don't have a spotter with you.

Or watching how close you was to a curb.

Reactions: Chris
I doubt you can keep it stock bec you are the real crazy in LA.
Your TJ is much better IMO. The JK has one too many doors :)
I love my TJ, but for overlanding it sucks, unless I add a rooftop tent and then it's too top heavy, for longer trip I use the jkur :)

It's displayed on the rear view mirror.

It's a rear view mirror with dashcam and rear view camera, I really like it, as you can also record your trails like a gopro.

TOGUARD Backup Camera 7" Mirror Dash Cam Touch Screen 1080P Rearview Front and Rear Dual Lens with Waterproof Reversing Camera

Or watching how close you was to a curb.

Yep, another great idea!

It's displayed on the rear view mirror.

It's a rear view mirror with dashcam and rear view camera, I really like it, as you can also record your trails like a gopro.

TOGUARD Backup Camera 7" Mirror Dash Cam Touch Screen 1080P Rearview Front and Rear Dual Lens with Waterproof Reversing Camera

Very cool, looks like I need to order one of these! I like the idea of having the camera in the mirror, especially when reversing, since you're already looking in the mirror by instinct anyways.

Reactions: theRealCrazy