2012 2 door jk. 82k miles shavings in the filter

Mr.Crush

Just checked my oil last night and well, there was none on the dipstick. I then put roughly 1-2 quarts in it. Last time the oil was changed was 4500 miles ago. I just changed the oil today and also cut open the filter to take a look. There was a good bit of shavings in it. What do I do? Take it to a shop to get looked at? I'm going to drive it for a couple days and change the oil again or atleast just pull the filter out. Here's a pic of the filter.

Screenshot_20220630-215437_Gallery.jpg

You could always send a oil sample to Blackstone Labs and they will tell you what's going on. If it was mine i'd install a oil pressure gauge so you can see what's going on.

Does it still run good and no engine noises that it shouldn't have?

You could always send a oil sample to Blackstone Labs and they will tell you what's going on. If it was mine i'd install a oil pressure gauge so you can see what's going on.

Yes it still runs, I may actually do that to get a better idea of what's really going on

Reactions: mrjp and BLACKJKU