2007 JKU electrical problems

Rxlrider

Have a 2007 JKU that has been having intermittent electrical issues. First - the horn started blowing by itself. Pulled the fuses to stop it. Next - headlights started to malfunction. Right headlight out one day then the left the next day. Sometimes whatever headlight is out, hi beams will work, sometimes not. One time both headlights went out! And now, yesterday we smelled breaks getting hot. All new (less than 10,000 miles) brakes, rotors, calipers, and hose. Stopped at a stop light and the abs lit up and was applying brake pressure automatically. I was able to drive through it and park it. Before the brake issue I was thinking that it was an issue with the clock Spring which is under recall. Now I’m thinking ECU. Any advice?

I would think more of a TIPM issue, but before spending money i'd start out by cleaning all the grounds and also the battery clamps.

I'm pretty sure there is a ABS fuse or some fuse that will disable the ABS so you can drive it.

Oh yeah - forgot that sometimes you turn the key and the starter does not engage. You have to disconnect the battery for about a minute, then it’s fine.

That could be the neutral safety switch or the small terminal on the starter.
Thank you. I’m thinking more anti-theft. It will start, run for a second, then shut off. If I do it a couple times, it won’t do anything until I reset the battery. Happens with both keys.

Thank you. I’m thinking more anti-theft. It will start, run for a second, then shut off. If I do it a couple times, it won’t do anything until I reset the battery. Happens with both keys.

If it's anti-theft you should have a small red light in the upper right side of the cluster. You could also try changing the batteries in your FOB.

Reactions: BigAL07
Sounds kinda like the wcm isn’t recognizing your keys Had that issue once with a key I had made. Definitely check the batteries. Started then immediately shut off. Good luck brother 🍺🍺